A Time to Gather: It has been a tough year; it's time to gather to share our struggles, accomplishments and prepare for 2018. Join us, as we honor the past and get ready for the future. One day full of many opportunities to learn, catch up and to be inspired.
Table Top Design Showcase: We begin with our tabletop design showcase and styled photo shoot, full of inspiration.
- Marie Rios, MTR Event Design
- Gina Lett, Inspirations by Gina
- Gwen Helbush, cwc, Where To Start, Wedding Management
- Cherry Levin, Cherry’s Very Vintage Rentals
- Gwen Helbush and the Creative Coverings team
- San Mateo Marriott Team
- Stage Designer: Kathy Newby, CERP, Abbey Party Rentals SF
Meet & Eat: Enjoy networking and lunch with plenty of time to catch up with friends old and new.
Ransomware and Hackers and IT Guys, OH MY!
Bio: Alan Helbush has spent nearly 35 years as an information technology professional. While Alan has worked for many Silicon Valley technology companies supporting their business infrastructure and security needs, he gets the most pleasure by helping small business because he can see the impact he is having on their business. His work has allowed them to keep their business on the cutting edge and freeing them to innovate & thrive because they did not have to worry about the technology getting in the way. In 2001, Alan decided to break out on his own to focus on supporting small and mid-size companies with technology solutions and solving real business issues facing a modern business.
While he concentrates on service-based business in addition to medical/dental clinics, it is his focus on keeping them secure and productive at the same time that makes him unique. With his knowledge and experience in a wide range of companies gives him a unique perspective enabling him to take a holistic approach to solving today's business challenges.
As we know technology changes quickly; Alan manages to keep his clients abreast of useful & relevant technological advances as well as guides them through the process. He believes the future is less about technology and more about finding solutions to real-world business problems with practical and efficient solutions.
But at the same time, Alan will be the first to tell you, technology is not always the answer to every problem.
Participants will learn
- Bay Guys: Who are they, how vulnerable we, should we pay, how to protect yourself, where do we report them, the differences between, viruses, ransomware & hacking and what they want.
- Disasters: What to prepare for, how to prepare and how to recover
- "It Guys": The difference between an IT Guy and an IT professional, how to find the right IT Professional, what should an IT Professional cost, what are Managed Services vs. Break Fix, and what you should get for your money.
How to stop wasting your marketing dollars and start tracking your ROI
Bio: Christie Osborne specializes in creating scalable, measurable marketing strategies for the wedding industry. She catapulted her blog, Mountainside Bride to the status of a nationally-ranked influencer, with more than 6.1K Instagram followers and 120K page views to her blog each month, on a zero-dollar budget. She also served as the Director of Interactive Marketing at VisitMammoth, where she oversaw all aspects of digital marketing, including social media marketing, email marketing, PPC and banner advertising, content marketing, and video marketing. She regularly managed hundreds of thousands of dollars in advertising dollars and co-managed the million-dollar #NoSmallAdventure campaign. She knows what works and what doesn't for using online marketing to grow your business, no matter how big or small your budget.
Participants will learn
- The five steps for ensuring any advertising campaign works and gets you a solid ROI. The truth about the wedding planning journey and how you can use it to supercharge your marketing.
- How to do market research to tell once and for all if your ideal bride exists and where she's hanging out online. How to make more money than you spend on your next marketing campaign.
- How to set up, measure and optimize your marketing campaigns so you stop wasting money on advertising that doesn't work How to determine what numbers and goals to track and how to track them.
Public Transportation/Parking: The San Mateo Marriot San Francisco Airport is graciously proving complimentary self-parking for all attendees of our event however as we are all painfully aware traffic in the bay area has become the stuff of nightmares, so we ask you to consider public transportation and carpooling.
The San Mateo Marriot San Francisco Airport is near the Hayward Park Caltrain station. If you have the option of taking Caltrain, it is a more relaxing alternative to fighting traffic. If you have the choice of taking BART ride to the Millbrae BART station, change to Caltrain for a short ride to the Hayward Park Caltrain station. Then it is a short walk to the San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport.
BAWN Event Supporters: We are incredibly grateful for the generosity of our BAWN supporters, without whom this event would not be possible.